We want you to unleash your creativity while staying true to your unique art style. However, to make sure your entry qualifies, follow these rules:
1. Sign up to enter the challenge with the form below.
2. The contest is a digital art competition meant for artists of every level who work with character animation. Any visual render style is allowed and everyone can participate.
3. Your entry has to relate to the theme and must be submitted by June 13, 4 PM CEST. You will receive the link to the submission form via email once you sign up for the challenge.
4. Any visual render style is welcomed, including 2D. We want to see the theme interpreted in your own, unique art style.
5. Your entry can be a collaborative piece among a maximum of 3 people. In the event your entry wins, it’s up to the group to divide the prizes.
6. Your entry has to include character animation made with any of these Rokoko tools: Smartsuit Pro, Smartgloves, Face Capture tools, or Studio software. If you don’t own any of Rokoko hardware tools, you can just download Rokoko Motion Library for free here and get access to 100 free mocap assets or download our Office Hours’ free assets here. You can also try out our Face Capture solution here.
7. The use of mocap has to be an integral part of the entry. It doesn’t have to be the sole focus of the scene, but it does have to play a role and it has to have an impact on the scene.
8. You can only submit one video file (not a frame render) in the format indicated in the Deliverables section.
9. Your entry has to be a minimum of 3 seconds and a maximum of 1 minute long. VERY IMPORTANT: your entry has to loop! We recommend a minimum of 2 times.
10. Your entry must be an original creation specifically made for the contest (no previous existing projects) but you are allowed to use assets you didn't personally create like characters, environments, etc.
11. You must submit your final work together with a clay render (without materials and textures) of your scene.❗Please notice: you must add your name and date somewhere into the 3d scene, not just overlayed on top.
12. The entry has to be published on any social media platform with the hashtag #MadeWithRokoko
13. We reserve ourselves the right to exclude entries should the content not be aligned with Rokoko’s content guidelines (eg. gratuitous violence, pornographic content, etc.)
- Download Motion Library Assets here.
- Access free motion assets recorded during our Livestreams here.
- Do you have a concept in mind that requires a specific motion asset? Request it here by filling out a 1-minute form.